For many of us, the past few years have blown us off course, leaving us without the energy or focus to stay committed to our writing life. Adrift, we’re finding it difficult to set realistic goals and navigate a path toward a purpose-driven and fulfilling writing practice. If this sounds like you, rediscover your inner compass (if this was a poem I’d be accused of overextending the metaphor!) and set a course to a writing practice that uniquely suits you. This coach-led interactive six-week course will give you the space, inspiration, companionship, knowledge, resources, and tools needed to map your unique purpose as a writer, and develop a strategy and plan to stay on course with your writing goals.
When: Tuesday 6.30 pm to 8.30 pm, starting March 7th and running until April 18th (we’re skipping a week with the Easter Holidays).
Where: Online. A Zoom link sent out when your ticket is purchased.
Book your place through my poetry website.
- Setting out. Your origin story as a writer. Honouring and mapping your story so far
- Food for the journey. Literature as sustenance and medicine. Learn the neuroscience behind the restorative and healing power of literature. Discover the unique properties of your words, for you and your readers
- Your Unique North Star. Identify writing goals, values, mission, and purpose
- Heading off course? Learn how to manage self-sabotaging behaviours
- Embracing the creative life. Creativity = Risk = Vulnerability. How to build resilience into your writing practice
- Resourcing yourself. The supports you need to stay passionate and committed to your writing. Forming lifelong habits to keep on course
It is recommended that participants keep a learning journal for the duration of the course. Slides are available after each session.
Participants will come away from this course with a clear sense of direction for their writing practice, a deeper understanding of what is important for them as writers, and resourced with a bagful of navigational tools and techniques to keep them on course, even when the waves and winds of life are high (sorry, I couldn’t resist).
To book your place, head over to my poetry website.
Anne Tannam is a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) who helps writers to design and sustain flourishing writing practices. She regularly runs workshops and clinics online and across the country. For more on Anne’s coaching, visit www.creativecoaching.ie.
Anne has published three poetry collections, the latest ‘Twenty-six Letters of a New Alphabet’ was published with Salmon Poetry in July 2021. Anne is working on her fourth collection with the support of a Literature Bursary from the Arts Council of Ireland. For more on Anne’s poetry, visit www.annetannampoetry.ie.